Dominion: Nocturne


Hi everybody!

I want to apologize for my super long absence. I ended up taking a break from Dominion. Lots of things came up in my life. I had a lot of projects going on and work. It was always my intention to keep this blog going, but hey, at least I'm back now. So, let's discuss the upcoming expansion Dominion: Nocturne.

Overall, we don't know much about it yet. It's 500 cards with 33 Kingdom cards and Heirlooms replace starting coppers much like Shelters replaced Estates. So, in many ways, it seems this is Dark Ages spiritual successor just as Adventures and Empires were sort of sequels to Sea Side and Prosperity.

So, apparently, there are cards that you play after your buy phase called Night cards. I'm guessing it's because after your buy phase it's night time. Your guess is as good as mine, but that's what I think. We are also getting Fate and Doom cards, and they give out Boons and Hexes. That sounds exciting. I think we are getting an attack-heavy expansion. I'm not sure how I would feel about that, but I think Donald X. has gotten much better at making Attacks, so we are likely getting cards like Catapult and Replace rather than Mountebank and Cultist. Overall, I don't mind attacks, but many attacks, especially pre-Adventures attacks tend to be very game-warping.

Overall, I'm pretty excited for this expansion, Adventures and Empires are arguably the two best Dominion expansions ever made. I think a big part of that is because of Events and Landmarks which added a lot more material to the game. I do hope that we still see some Events or some sort of card-shaped thing make its appearance in this expansion. 33 Kingdom cards is a lot of cards, but I would still love to more than just Kingdom cards, even if we just get a handful of Events, that would be cool.

I actually don't have much to say. I do plan on having another entry soon. And, when previews for Nocturne come in, I will be sure to give my thoughts.

Until next time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Random Dominion​ Musings